Monday, August 3, 2015

Interesting Insight from Lone Star Straight

A classmate of mine recently posted an article entitled "Lobbyists Honor System" that really made me think of how messed up and broken parts of our system  truly are.

Once I realized that "holy cow, there IS a lot that a steak dinner can do for political issues in Texas!" I was absolutely terrified. I had never given it much thought, but I completely see her point. Especially how she points out that it is a "symbiotic relationship" and that things are not likely to change without public pressure because of that.

It's really interesting to me that they are required to limit how much they spend on gifts and entertainment, but there is no real limit on what they throw out for transportation, lodging, food and drinks. Man. I feel like the "paltry income" of state legislators doesn't look so bad now!

No comments: